Thursday 31 May 2012

A tribute to some of the best people I've ever met

So I said my last post would be my last.... Psych!!!!! I'm sat in Jo'burg airport (after almost s*£#tting a brick on the plane thinking I had got on the wrong one, Jo'burg airport has two names apparently!!! Oooops), and I can't stop thinking about all of the wonderful memories and friends I have left behind (who are currently getting W*NK%RED in Delphinos!!!! Titties!!!).
I've never travelled anywhere on my own, so going to SA to meet 13 other crazy american/canadian interns was a rather daunting thought!! I was being silly because from the moment I arrived, I knew you guys were all going to be fricking awesome. Hey, you'd have to be to be doing an internship on great whites, right?! These girls and boys are boring. Pause. NAAT.
I've had some of the best moments of my life on this trip, and every moment was enhanced simply because I shared them with the awesome people I was there with.Some of the best-Tracking: chunder tastic, to put it simply, but my team-Alysha, Alexis and Brittany were ON FIRE! And not just because we all had to share Enrico taking a crap off the side of the boat, deeeelicious, but because we were the best darn trackers ever to grace the planet-fact. Cage diving- WHEEYOOOOOOO! I think we can safely say that that was one of the best god darn days ever.Vleesbaai-simply made because of the company (BRID-GET [my latest girl crush, mayn she so hat], and beautiful ladies audrea, brittany and alexis), because we saw sweet F.all! Well, a few casual dolphins, and I pretty much almost instigated a planned attack by Dassie's. I also learnt far too much about Alexis's ball shaving activies. Mmmm nothing like a tale of smooth balls to send you off to sleep at night. Wine tour- sneaking off with papa bear for reasons we shall not mention... (ahem jackie, natalie), being racially abused, meeting other english people (who all had dreadful northern accents, ew, sick, gross [jokes]), dropping my handbag, eating twice as much cheese as necessary, a great day all in all!Scuba diving, and all of that urine (I blame lauren entirely for encouraging the pee, but daymn was it so warm).
You're also all a bunch of raving drunkards, just like meeeeeeee. LADS ON TOUR!!! I would never mess with Brittany when drunk- DON'T YOU TALK ABOUT MY MAMMA! I would never talk about Brittany's mamma, I'm sure she's a very lovely lady. I definitely think Mike (pie n graaaveh lover) regretted mentioning anything, silly northerner.
I was also very pleased that my continual south park referencing was welcomed and even joined in on, especially by Zachary (JACKIE! WHAT DOES YOUR DAD LOOK LIKE? DOES HE HAVE LARGE HOOVES WHERE HIS FEET SHOULD BE?!), and of course, Anchorman: Where'd you buy your accent Andre, the toilet store??
This brings me smoothly on to Zachary (not literally on to him, he wishes, SICK BURN!) - Oh zach. 220 lbs of certified lethal weapon, the name Bubbles kind of kills it a bit, but I still believe that 40% of your body weight is held in your pecs. God bless you and your deluded brain!! I will miss you, weirdly.
There was never a dull moment on this internship, even if we were just sat in our room chilling, whilst I was farting on Jackie's head (sorry jackie, your head is just so fartworthy), giggling continually at my dreadful attempt to fit in with you 'mericans (oh you roast beefs[language barrier]), watching endless episodes of animal planet in the lounge (whilst wearing my lounging trousers), singing RIDICULOUSLY loudly in the quantum (especially at BEAUTIFUL PEOPLEEEE), vomiting at the boland food. I am kind of sad that I don't have any Boland to whinge about anymore, it may have been a hole, but it was a hole full of lovely people. I also learnt a lot about country music. I might try and get into it. No promises though, I don't like guns as much as you 'mericans.
I have been going through my photos and creasing up, I've never seen such a bunch of beautiful girls pulling such GORGEOUS faces, I'm gonna post a few of my faves on here before I put my album on facey b, just so you guys can appreciate your fit faces.






To sum- all of you interns are fricking great and I won't forget the time I've had with you and I will miss you so much!!!!!!!! I wish I could do it all again. CHRIS. BROWN! OH MY F'ING GOD im not even kidding I posted this and only blaady Beautiful People comes on in the airport!!!! It was hard to not squeal like a little piggy, but I was definitely squealing inside. It's fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment